Today is my 25th birthday. That’s a whole quarter century! By now I thought I would be married, be a homeowner, and basically have my life figured out. That definitely did not turn out to be the case for me. But that’s okay! I decided to create a reverse bucket list of today of all things I have done so far in my life.
Now I don’t know about you all, but I consider 25 to be a big birthday year. You are more mature than when you were 24, and you are starting to figure out how to be a real adult. While I definitely don’t have everything figured out, I am working towards that goal every day.
There are a lot of big things happening for me in 2018 but I wanted to take a moment to reflect on all the amazing things I have done already.
- Horseback riding on the beach and in the ocean in Jamaica (May 2016)
- Completed a three-week nursing externship in the Philippines where I watched some amazing surgeries and cared for patients at two different hospitals (May 2014)
- Scuba diving, zorbing, and zip-lining in Boracay, Philippines (May 2014)
- Visited New Orleans and took part in the Mardi Gras festivities (March 2017)
- Collected seashells at Myrtle Beach, South Caroline (May 2016)
- Ate at a restaurant in a waterfall at Villa Escudero, Philippines (May 2014)
- Visited Universal Orlando Resort and finally got to experience Harry Potter World in Orlando, Florida (May 2015)
- Swam in the ocean near Destin, Florida (May 2015)
- Graduated from Truman State University with my Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (May 2015)
- Accepted my first job as a pediatric nurse at Mercy Hospital (June 2015)
- Passed the NCLEX board exam for nurses (July 2015)
- Finally got a dog of my own to love (March 2017)
- Started working on my Master’s degree at Maryville University (August 2017)
- Found a handful of life-long friends
- Fell in love (August 2013)
- Discovered how delicious a beignet was from Cafe du Monde (March 2017)
- Finally flown in an airplane (June 1996, May 2014)
- Went on a cruise (March 2010 and May 2016)
- Became a big sister (August 1996, November 1999, June 2000)
- Became a tourist in Chicago and visited the Bean, Navy Pier, and the Magnificent Mile (October 2013)
- Finally discovered Chicago deep dish pizza (March 2014)
- Walked along the beach at night (May 2014)
- Kissed in the rain (August 2013)
- Started my own blog Pretty & Petite (December 2017)
- Made a difference in a patient’s life (February 2016)
When I write it out like this, I realize that I have experienced more than I previously thought!
I have been so blessed to have had these amazing experiences before I turned 25. I cannot wait to see where life takes me this year in 2018 and in all the years to come!
What are some things you have accomplished in your life that you will remember forever? I’d love to hear about it. Comment below!