Are you looking for more skin and makeup inspo for this winter? I’ve been stepping up my beauty game this winter by trying out several different new skin and makeup products!
I am not typically prone to acne or scarring (except when stressed) but I noticed that my skin becomes dry and patchy especially along my cheekbones and around my nose when it gets cold out. My skin is also very sensitive which makes it difficult to find things that were both hydrating and didn’t make me break out.
I have tried several different face creams, moisturizers, and makeup products (both drug store and high-end) and have finally found a few that seem to work for me! So today I decided to share my current winter skin and makeup favorites with you.
Face Wash and Moisturizer
- On days where my skin is only a little dry, I like to use Bare Minerals Pure Plush Gentle Deep Cleansing Foam twice a day. As a moisturizer in the evenings I wear Bare Minerals Butter Drench Restorative Cream.
- On days where my skin is feeling extra dry, I am currently trying out Cleansing Gel Oil Enriched by Belif as a face wash partnered with the True Cream Moisurizing Bomb by Belif and so far I have gotten amazing results!
- My current facial oil that I put on in the evenings after I wash my face is just plain old almond oil.
- I use the M.A.C. Prep+Prime Fix + to prime and then set my makeup.
- For quick touch-ups to keep my skin fresh in the dry heat, I am loving Mario Badescu’s Facial Spray with Aloe, Herb and Rosewater. It smells amazing and its under $10!
- I am in love with my M.A.C. Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation in the shade NC030. I have only been using this foundation for a few months this fall and winter. It would be interesting to see how it holds up when I am more active during the summer months!
- My other go to foundation is the Makeup For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation in the shade R330. Ladies! If there is one foundation for dry skin that you should try, it is THIS one! It’s medium to full coverage, blends like a dream, and lasts all day long! It definitely passes the 13 hour nursing shift wear test. I cannot say enough about this foundation.
- Bronzer: Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade “Give me Sun”
- Blush: Mineralize Blush in the shade “Love Joy.” I really like this shade so far because its a more earthy tone. It’s not quite pink or peach or brown. It also has some shimmer in the foundation that makes it look beautiful but it does not transfer to the cheeks.
- Highlighter: Mineralize Skinfinish in the shade “Soft and Gentle.” This highlighter has a shimmery sheen to it which I love. When it sits on your skin, it’s definitely a more natural, subtle highlighter.
- With my eyelash extensions I don’t typically need to use mascara anymore but My go to eyeliner is the Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner because it can last all day without smearing or fading. It’s perfect for my long 12-13 hour shifts as a nurse.
- I have so many different eye shadow palettes but the new one that I am loving is the Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette. I bought it over Black Friday. The colors are all so bright and they blend like butter. I can’t say enough good things about it so far!
- My favorite lip balm is a new discovery of mine from Ulta. It is the Smith’s Rosebud Salve Tube. It keeps my lips smooth and soft no matter how dry and cracked they are. The pink coloring so it makes my lips appear healthier and more colored without any lip gloss. I swear this product is pure magic sometimes!
- I definitely prefer to wear lip colors that are more natural looking. But I hope to branch out and see if I can find more bolder shades to fall in love with! I love M.A.C. Matte Lipstick in the shade “Mehr.” M.A.C. Prep+Prime Lip is my go to lip primer to go underneath my lipsticks.
So, there you have it. These are my current skincare and makeup favorites of winter 2017-2018. Do you have any winter “ride or die” makeup favorites? I’d love to hear from you about them and maybe I can try them out! Drop your suggestions in the comments below!
I always like to consider beauty products as a part of self-care. If you want more tips for how to take care of yourself this winter, check out 20 Self Care Tips for Winter.